Candid Career Conversation: How to Advance in Your Design Career
- NOVEMBER 13, 2020, 1:00PM - 2:00PM
- Hear strategies and lessons learned from design leaders who have advanced in their own careers and mentored their teams to do the same. Join a breakout room with one of the speakers for a small group discussion.
This conversation is for those looking to lead design innovation at a new level. Whether you are preparing to break into a director role, advocating for a voice on the leadership team, or making the transition from individual contributor into people management, our panelists have signed up to share their tips on navigating career growth in the design industry. Agenda:
30 min Panel Discussion: Hear strategies and lessons learned from design leaders who have advanced in their own careers and mentored their teams to do the same.
30 min Breakout rooms: Each presenter will be hosting a breakout room for a personal Q&A. Stop by these small group discussions to:
- Learn more about their company and design org
- Get personal tips from the presenter
- Ask follow up questions from the panel
- Say hello and meet a fellow design leader!
Miroslav Azis - Design Practice Manager, IBM
Alexis Puchek Principal Director of Design, frog
Marivi Carlton - Product Design Manager, The Zebra
Britney Jo Styer - Account Manager, Creative Recruiter at Mathys+Potestio
- Virtual Event
- Friday, November 13th
- 1:00PM - 2:00PM
- ORGANIZED BY
- Austin Design Week
- INTENDED AUDIENCE
- Anyone interested in learning about navigating career growth in the design industry.
- This event was recorded! Watch it here.