Launching and Thriving a Design Career
November 4, 2019 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Join us as we discuss the art of crafting your presence in the design field, interviewing tactics, and handling possible obstacles for designers in today's industry.
- The Hub, Trinity Hall
- 311 E 5th St
- Austin, TX 78701
In this panel-styled event, you will be able to learn from designers all across the industry about their experiences with the various aspects of being a UX/UI/Visual/Interaction Designer. If you are someone looking to make their entrance into the Design Industry, you would like some insight on a current design position you are in, or would just like to pick the brains of some top designers on handling work conflicts, this is the panel to attend. Some of the topics we'll be covering will be interviewing tactics, how to build an outstanding portfolio, and pros/cons of working with a company as a contractor, remotely or onsite. We will have numerous years of experience across the panel along with each panelist having worked in various areas of the country with different companies. At the end, there will be a Q&A where you can ask all of your most burning design career questions.
Speakers / Facilitators
- Becca Ciceri, Senior UX Designer at Indeed
- Becca Ciceri is a senior UX Designer at Indeed, with her work there focusing on skills-based assessments as well as candidate management for employers. She has previously worked in researching and designing systems for healthcare management, sport ticket sales, and corporate network infrastructure.
- Dave Yeats, UX Research Manager at Indeed
- Dave Yeats is the UX research manager for the Job Seeker team at Indeed. Before his current focus on working to understand how people find jobs, he worked at PayPal and Bazaarvoice. Dave holds a PhD in Technical Communication and Rhetoric from Texas Tech; has taught courses at Auburn, Texas Tech, Texas State, and Mizzou; and has worked as a UX consultant for companies such as AT&T, JCPenney, Verizon, and Dell.
- Casey Hunt, Design Technologist at Indeed
- Casey currently holds the title of Design Technologist at Indeed. This role, much like his career, requires that he operate between the two worlds of Design and Development. Casey holds an undergraduate degree in Creative Writing with a minor in Political Science and Art. He does not believe that there is any single way into the field of Design but rather is forged by a series of experiences and enriched by personal values. Whether operating as a Senior Product Designer or Front End Developer, Casey’s experience has taught him that Design problems are everywhere. The challenge and thrall of capital-D Design is looking beyond aesthetics, and instead considering the effects we have on people’s lives with the work we put into the world.
- Avi Parker, UX Designer at Indeed
- Aviana is a UX Designer at Indeed focused on helping employers make a hire, faster. She graduated from The Art Institute of Austin with a BFA in Web Design and Interactive Media. Aviana has been working in the industry for 5+ years applying human-centered design methodologies to craft designs that have helped companies solve for customer needs. In her spare time she enjoys trying local coffee shops, traveling & drawing.
- The Hub, 311 E 5th St Austin, TX 78701
- Monday, November 4th
- 12:30 - 1:30 PM
- HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE?
- See our sustainable transportation recommendations
- ORGANIZED BY
- College students looking for internships or jobs in design, Full-time workers looking to make a career change into design or start a design career, and freelance designers. All levels of experience are welcome!
- Register Now >
311 E 5th St.
Austin, TX 78701